Color Inspiration: Red & Pink
Posted on February 05 2014
Valentine’s Day is soon approaching and I find myself exploiting the pink and red palette in everything—from dress selections to crafts. They are so lovely together! I’m generally drawn to a warmer color palette because of the coziness it creates, so admittedly, red and pink is a common choice for me throughout the year.
In addition to the warm palette, I find that red and pink oozes sophistication, playfulness, as well as glamour. A red velvet sofa paired with pink walls and colorful artwork is luxurious yet doesn’t take itself too seriously. It’s perfect for the woman who loves to dress up and notice the fine details.
Here is a collection of items inspired by the sophistication and warmness of red and pink for Valentine’s Day and beyond.
1. Red and pink chevron rug. Layer it with some more neutral colors to help the rug stand out. Don’t be afraid to add in some warm wood chairs or metal tables to ground the brightness down.
2. Red handbag. A well-structured bag can be confidently be used for most ensembles.
3. XOXO paper garland. Add this glittered garland around the house for an extra ounce of shine.
4. Tea light candle holders. These holders are subtle enough to be used for all occasions.
5. Heart throw pillow. Say you mean it with a red and pink heart felt pillow. For extra fun, place it with other patterned pillows.
6. The Sweet Dreams Necklace. It’s an ideal addition to a date night look.