Shabby Apple will:
- Mentor the designer through the manufacturing process
- Market the designer's line
- Provide warehouse/shipping/returns and customer service for the designer's line
Shabby Apple will mentor the designer through the entire manufacturing process. Our production team will assist the designer in:
- Finding and using pattern-makers
- Sourcing fabrics and trims
- Grading patterns
- Acquiring and approving samples
- Finding an appropriate manufacturer (designers will also have free access to our customs broker and prepaid bond, allowing him or her to more easily manufacture abroad)
Shabby Apple will market the designer's line in the following ways:
- Photoshoots - Shabby Apple will organize and pay for all photoshoots for the designer's line, including hiring models, make-up artists, stylists, art directors and photo assistants and paying for all travel expenses and other expenses for the photoshoot.
- Website-Products will be featured on the Shabby Apple website. The Shabby Apple website receives 230,000 hits per month and traffic continues to grow.
- Email campaigns: Shabby Apple sends several emails a month to over 50,000 subscribers.
- Discounts: Shabby Apple covers all fees included in discounts (sale events excluded). These include, free shipping, 15% off etc.
- Blog Placements: Shabby Apple has been featured on thousands of blogs and currently has a fully- staffed Marketing Team devoted to the placement of Shabby Apple products on major blogs.
- 5% donation to Women's Charity NGO: Shabby Apple currently donates 5%of profit to women's charity. Although the designer is not responsible for donating, the designer's brand will be included in this donation and all of the advertising (Facebook ads etc.) done around the charity campaign.
- Search Engine Optimization: Shabby Apple has its own SEO team. Currently, if "women's dresses" is searched on Google, Shabby Apple appears on the first page.
- Public Relations: Currently, Shabby Apple works with five public relations firms. These firms have helped Shabby Apple to be featured in major publications and programs, including Lucky Magazine, Glamour, Teen Vogue, Marie Claire, Self, Fitness, Redbook, iVillage , Woman's World, Daily Candy, Wondertime, and the Today Show, among others.
- Affiliates: Shabby Apple currently runs two affiliate marketing programs and has nearly 4,000 affiliates.
- Facebook/Twitter/Social Media: Shabby Apple has an active Facebook/Twitter community with more than 30,500 followers. Shabby Apple posts regularly to these social media forums and will use these outlets to promote the work of the Emerging Designer.
Shabby Apple will provide the following business services:
- Warehouse organizing and storage
- Customer Service
- Monthly sales reports
- Sales taxes
- Wholesale relations
Examples of Emerging Designer Collections:
- Amalfi Coast
- Boysenberry Pie
- The Silent Era
- The Silk Road
- Stardust Inn
- Up and Away